Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hurricane Dolly, meet Hurricane Lillie







Hurricane Dolly swept through the area today dropping almost 3" of wondrous, refreshing, rejuvenating, exhilarating rain. We've been in a drought for so long the moisture was welcome in any guise. There were tornadoes spotted on the south of town and winds that made you pay attention.

The rains began in earnest around 9am this morning. Rain that fell straight down, steady, with little sign of letting up. It was great. All of the ducks at work were out in force dabbling all through the submerged grass.

It was still raining when I got home after 4pm. Not long after Forrest gestured me to the front door to see Lillie enjoying the life force of rain that had come all the way from the Gulf of Mexico. She was fabulous! She made the hole in the lawn then stomped, dug, played, and danced in it. Not long after these photos, she took to a front garden. By the time I wandered back out front, she had a nice hole full of water that overflowed across the sidewalk and to the driveway.

Rain is fun.

2 comments:

Georgette said...

Robin, your critters and chilluns are amazing and wonderful, and your photography capturing them is inspiring! I've got your blog on my check-daily list too, and I'm enjoying reading it. Been considering some chickens in the backyard so someday I want your input. :)

meucow said...

I'm trying to get in touch w/you about transparency transfers. The email I had for you bounced back (old earthlink account) but I'm really needing your help. I have an email ready to send to you -can
you email me with your email address...I think you had responded to a post on artchix....thanks so much,

Cindi
meucow@windstream.net