Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Bluebird



The bluebird landed on a dead oak snag and rested. Larger than what I expected, I kept watch even though conversation flowed. A family 'check in', I was visiting my aunt, uncle, and cousins on my way home.
I couldn't see his back for a positive ID, but his red breast and white underbelly could be seen. I'd seen bluebirds before but only in passing on my way out to the sanctuary.
Soon he flew to another snag and I was able to see his blue jacket--amazing. I didn't know bluebirds lived there near dad and I am excited to know they do.
Meanwhile, red tail hawk called from up high and I knew it was time to go.
Lillie and I said our goodbyes and left the family as we had found them--resting under the oak trees on a warm hill country afternoon, relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I love that I was able to be a part of that, even for just a minute.

No comments: